Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blue Cheese Steak Butter - part of my Spring Low Carb Journey

I'm beginning another low carb journey, specifically attempting to follow an Atkins Induction / South Beach Phase 1 type diet for the next two weeks followed by healthy lower carb lifestyle thereafter.  Specifically I'm going to try to avoid all baked good for the next 6 weeks.  I need to lose about 15lbs immediately since my clothes are all tight and I'm going on vacation in 6 weeks! Ideally I'd like to drop more like 25lbs by year end. We'll see how it goes!  This is mostly baby weight, but I've been somewhat lazy what with the holidays and Girl Scout cookie season...

On that note, I will likely be posting low carb recipes over the next few weeks. Sorry to the carb lovers out there. I'm sad too! But truly it has to be done ;)

First I'm so excited about this recipe. I hope and expect it will be yummy!
Blue Cheese Steak Butter
1/2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 garlic gloves, crushed
1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
a dash of tabasco

Combine in a food processor until smooth.  Serve warm over steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment