Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Things I've learned from my children

1.  I say, "Yup" too much.  (repeated by my toddler in much cuter fashion)
2.  My husband says "damn" and "crap" too much.
3.  If you tell a child to get in their damn bed, they will reply that they ARE IN THEIR DAMN BED.
4.  It is very hard to keep a straight face in the face of all of the above.
5. "You won't get so fat if you just stop eating SO MUCH"  (Advice from my then 5 year old... I was pregnant)
6.  It is possible to skate on the kitchen floor if you toss a bunch of flour on there.
7.  Blackberry stains are really hard to get off of the ceiling (or anything else)
8.  Potty training is a marathon not a sprint
9.  It's hard to be 3 years old.  Or 7. Or 9... but 4 seems like a great year.
10.  A certain religious figure, who rose from the dead and ascended into heaven on the 3rd day... might also qualify as a zombie. Technically.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Dale! I was hoping you would be willing to answer my quick question about your blog! I'm Heather and if you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete