Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

An interesting article

A great perspective. I think I've almost reached the same conclusion. Yet I still find myself trying to do it all, 90% of the time.  And then deciding that I can't do it all 80% of the time.  And achieving perfect balance 10% of the time.  And giving up completely 10% of the time...   Normal stuff I think.

  I am comfortable with my place today.  I work. I volunteer. I carve out time with my kids and for my kids.  Sure, I don't see what my daughter wears to school because they are just waking up as I leave... And sure, I'm not working as many hours as I could to be move up at work faster.  But this is a balance that is working for me.  I'm there for my kids a whole lot.  A lot more than I could have been in a prior job that was not flexible and had no work from home capability. 
Balance is all you can do :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-women-should-embrace-a-good-enough-life/2013/04/18/4b2b086c-a5db-11e2-a8e2-5b98cb59187f_story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment