Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Crockpot - A mom's best friend

I love coming home to a home cooked meal.  The smells that hit you when you walk in the door are priceless.  I love the relaxing evening of just eating. I love a night off from rushing to put together a meal in the midst of kids and dogs and endless demands. 

My crockpot is my best friend.  Seriously. I kicked my husband to the couch, so my crockpot could have a spot to rest ;)  Of course I'm kidding. Thankfully the crockpot doesn't speak or it would have me making all kinds of concessions.  A good meal that I don't have to make is hard to come by!  Well, technically I did make this meal, but since I made it on average 8-10 hours prior... it doesn't FEEL like I'm making it, know what I mean?

Last night I made one of the simplest and yummiest meals I've found for my crockpot. I call it Mexican Chicken (actually, that might even be the name of the dish? I'm not sure since I've lost the original poster's information. If it's you, please claim it!).

Crockpot Mexican Chicken
Chicken breasts (I usually use 3-4 frozen)
Taco Seasoning packet (or use your own if you like)
A jar of salsa

Spray your crockpot / slow cooker with cooking spray.  Mix the taco seasoning and salsa together. Place your chicken in the crockpot and pour the salsa mix on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (I usually do 8-9 hours with frozen chicken) or on high for 4 hours.  Shred the chicken and serve warm on tortillas with shredded cheese of your choice (I like the mexican blend) and any other toppings you like.  Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment